Sunday, August 7, 2011

Musings of the Exhausted

Hey. Oh hey. So right now I'm super tired. And bored. And I don't really feel like sleeping for some odd reason.

So I'm going to type this post and regret it later. But hey, life is full of regrets, is it not? I regret getting pizza today instead of chinese food. I regret watching Rebecca Black's new music video. I regret not finding a unicorn.

So yeah. You ever feel drunk when you're tired? Like your mind just keeps rambling on and on and on until suddenly your own brain stops you and is just like, what the hell are you talking about? That's pretty much what's happening now, except I'm writing it down...

You ever notice how it's always insanely difficult to get comfortable while staying awake when you're tired. I'm not sure why, but I think it's because if I'm comfortable I'll fall asleep, so it's like my body is purposefully sabotaging my mind's desire to sleep. It's like a double agent, working for my conscious mind's goal of staying awake while pretending to also want sleep by flopping lazily on the bed in odd ways... which actually doesn't lead to comfort but gives the false impression of it. Oh, how sneaky you are, body. But I'm on to you.

I just put the laptop on my legs for a minute, but then I chickened out. I heard that makes it so you can't have kids. Despite the fact that I'm constantly suspicious of this piece of information/ annoyed at the inconveniences it causes, putting the laptop on my legs now scares the shit out of me. Every second it spends touching my skin gives me a rush of adrenaline, like I'm balancing a sword on my forehead and any minute it could come slashing down on somebody's face. My heart picks up speed and everything. I think I need to get out more. Do some actual knife throwing to teach my adrenaline glands a lesson or two.

My friend had an energy drink a couple of hours ago. I watched her drink it, and to be honest I think my mind is more jittery than hers at the moment. She's not here, but I'm feeling a telepathic communication. I just know. Kind of like E.T. knows how that little kid with the bike feels. You know how when they both start dying it's because they're connected in some super supernatural way. Well... that's how it is. When my bamboo plant starts to die I'll know it's because my friend needs me.

Anyway I think it's about time I went to sleep. I guess I figured that since I had the time at the moment I'd give you two posts in one day... or was the last one yesterday... I can't remember considering it's late and I'm delusional. So yeah. Hopefully this makes up for the lack of posts in the last couple of days. Even if this one is a piece of crap. I can't tell. But that's okay. I hope it was entertaining anyway. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment