Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rock You Like A Hurricane

I write to you in the breif hours before Irene lays her wrath upon my house. I live pretty much near the direct path of this fat-ass Hurricane, so I'm not really sure what to expect. I mean... I'm expecting rain. And wind. And possibly flooding, but you know what I mean.

Truthfully I feel a bit like a jerk getting worked up over this Hurricane. Compared to some of the other disasters of the world, this is just a bunch of hype and blabber that is only getting so much coverage because it's the east coast, and that's where our major cities are. I mean, yeah there's going to be a hell of a lot of damage, and yeah now I sound like a jerk because 8 people have already died... but... I don't know. Never mind. Clearly I'm just a big douchebag no matter what I say.

Still, I can't help but feel nervous. It's not like I'm sitting crouched in my doorpost waiting to sheild myself from flying kitchen debris three hours before anything actually happens... I'm just mildly concerned. We are likely to lose power, and our street will most likely flood, and that's probably the extent of our hurricane damage. For some reason I'm excited as well. It's an odd thing to be excited about possible property damage, but nothing ever happens in my town. Now we have more to talk about than grass and grilled cheese sandwiches.

I feel like anybody out there with the name Irene must be feeling pretty bad about themselves. About ten times now I've cursed the name. They are probably suffering from some extremely lame jokes at the moment as well, and tired to death of it.

"Hey Irene!"
"Hey Steve."
"You tired?"
"Um... no, not really."
"Are you sure? Cause I hear you've been rocking everyone like a hurricane!"

"God, Irene. I know The Jersey Shore sucks, but there's no reason for you to go and flood the place!"

"Irene, you should lay off the drinks. If you keep it up the room may start spinning!"

Ahem. Those were pretty bad, I'm sorry. I tried. Sorry there's no picture. I may add one later, maybe not. If there aren't any posts for a little bit it's because I lost power.

Good luck to anyone dealing with Irene. I wish you the best.

1 comment:

  1. I once had a friend named Katrina. That poor girl got it baaaaad.

    ReplyDelete