Saturday, September 24, 2011

That Awkward Moment When...

So... looking back at my last post, I'll admit that I was in a bad place. But I feel better now, in case you were wondering. My weird face distortion allergy attack may have possibly just been a really bad cold... but I'm going to stick to telling people it was allergies, because then they won't hate me for potentially putting them in the position to get sick. I mean, it was probably allergies, because I get the same miserable stuffiness every fall and spring... but for some reason right now I feel fine, and I'm pretty sure it's still fall.

Anyway, back to the topic of this post. Awkwardness. It's something I face nearly everyday, yet I can rarely find a way to describe it. There are just so many levels and variations of awkwardness. Some that are funny, some that are sad, and some that are just plain "what the smurf are you doing?!"



Along with many other catch-phrase fads, one that has recently come up is "that awkward moment when..."

I can't say it ranks up there with "your mom," or "that's what she said," but it still gets a few chuckles. Usually the "that awkward moment when..." comes up when something happens to you or someone else that is kind of random and insignificantly awkward, yet somebody thinks it'd be funny to make it seem even more awkward by pointing out the bits of discomfort.



 

Yes, I have friends... even if this didn't actually happen...

So yeah. On a side note, I figure I'll mention my inspiration for this post. Sure, my entire life is kind of a hodgepodge of awkward moments, but right before I sat down to write a post I sent my friend a happy birthday text. I was extremely proud of myself for remembering, despite the fact that his name didn't come up on facebook under birthdays. Anyway I sent it, caps lock on and everything, only to get a text back that it was not actually his birthday. 

Those kind of awkward moments can easily be laughed off, especially since he's my good friend, but I still felt that initial.. haha oh wow that's slightly awkward feeling. 


1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Soooooooo I am sorta failing as a stalker and I realize that and for that I am extremely sorry. To tell you the truth ....... there is someone else. But I am sure that whoever you sent the birthday text to is extremely happy that you remembered even if you are a couple of months off. :)

    ReplyDelete