Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Cat the Chair

There's this chair in front of my computer. It's comfortable, it's nice, and I thoroughly enjoy sitting in it. Unfortunately, my cats feel the same way. They've taken over this chair. Every single time I go to sit on this chair, they are there. They are sleeping. And they are refusing to move.

I don't think you understand the severity of what I'm talking about here. My cats don't just sit on chairs. They purposefully torment me by spreading out and covering every single inch of this chair until all that's left for me is a small corner the size of an oreo cookie. Do you have any idea how uncomfortable sitting on that corner is? IT'S QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE.

It's not even like I can just push my cats off to the back of the chair. No. I've tried that. I've tried pushing Bamba (my mischievous cat) to the back of the chair, and she's attacked my hand and hissed until I lamely gave up and simply sat on the corner of dejection. Then she just plopped her head right back down and slept, as if I didn't even exist. I will not be shunned by my own cat! Not in my house!

Then again, what choice do I really have? I think we all know who wears the metaphorical pants in this relationship... and it's not me. My pants-less cats wear the pants.





I mean how can you say no to that face??

In any case, I end up sitting in extreme discomfort for about a half hour. Then my cat gets bored of torturing me, leaves, and I experience one of the best feelings on earth. 




4 comments:

  1. "not in my house" hahahah! ur the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this made me laugh. Reminds me of the time I found my dog curled up on my bed with his head on the pillow - I just didn't have the heart to move him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks for the comments!

    @Claire- they just look so innocent and comfy xD

    ReplyDelete