Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thoughts With Gfish as She Runs the Mile

Today I ran the mile. Naturally, it was awful. I'm not really the most athletic person in the world, given the undeniable pleasure I get from sitting down... so you see how being forced to run around a track four times in the blazing heat could be an issue.

Instead of actually trying, my friend and I decided to slowly jog/walk this fitness test because hell, we're seniors. We're too good for running. Gym class is below our superiority.

Anyway, things got pretty weird as we were jogging. Let me remind you that the sun was blazing and it felt like burning marshmallow goo was sliding down my back as this whole jogging bit went down. Some crazy things come out of my mouth when I'm delusional enough to physically move around for more than five minutes. I'd like to share with you what happened in the course of this mile-long jog as well as the words that actually came out of my mouth that may be slightly paraphrased because my memory is crap.

LAP ONE:


Our track is red. Like the color of blood tears.

"Okay. Okay we got this. This is a nice pace. A nice jog. I can do this. SENIOOORRRS."

LAP TWO:


"You know, I've been thinking. You know what would be a good way to meet new people? You just... you just walk in the hallway, right? And then... you see someone. And you like... pick a random appliance. And you just... call them that. And just be like... HEY BLENDER. WHAT'S UP? And then the next time... the next time you see them... you can be like.... SAWP BLENDER. And the first time, they're like... what? But then... then the second time they'll hear you call them blender. And they may smile. And be all... hey? And then the THIRD time. Well... that's when it get's real. You see them.... HEY BLENDER, GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! And they get it now. And they'll be all... HEY YOU. And then BAM. Friendship. Like that. You got a friend, and you don't even need to know their name.... just what appliance belongs to their face."

...

"This sucks. We can walk the next lap. Fo sho."

LAP THREE:



"Okay. We've got... a super... bad time.... can't walk this one..."

"Okay. Okay okay okay. We'll walk the curve. But.... but... we'll POWERWALK THAT BITCH. And I don't mean you... I meant the curve. That curve... can suck it."

"Powerwalkin', powerwalkin', hawhawhawhawhaw."

"So you know... I wouldn't actually... need to learn... anyone's name... just call 'em all blender..."

LAP FOUR:




"AUUUGGHH."

"WE CAN DO THIS"

"WE CAN... WE CAN..."

"AND YOU KNOW MAYBE THEY'D EVEN PICK A NAME FOR ME. AND I'D SEE 'EM AND BE ALL, HEY BLENDER. AND THEY SAY, HEY OVEN. AND THEN WE'D HANG OUT AND BE BEST FRIENDS FOR OVEN. I MEAN EVER."

"I'M NOT RUNNING THE LAST STRETCH. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME. IM A SENIOR, DAMNIT. A SENIOR. I DON'T DO RUNNING. WE'RE TOO GOOD FOR THAT, AIGHT. IMMA JOG THIS BITCH. AND I DONT MEAN YOU, I MEAN THE FINAL STRETCH."

Spring mile time: 10:58

Come at me, bro.

12 comments:

  1. Hilarious post!
    I, too, loathe PE. We have no track or any other land as the school is so crammed, so we just run out the country road for for an hour. It's agony! Good luck befriending blender :)

    Ginger

    quirks-and-irks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we did in middle school. It was awful then as well. :C
      And thanks! I'll update about blender once I head off to college and test that friendship making method out. xD

      Delete
  2. Holy shit that is GENIUS

    I might try to make a friend like that
    See what happens
    Run more, a blurred thought process has interesting outcomes (no seriously, they did research on the problem solving abilities of the slightly drunk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to remember that scientific information while studying at college ;D

      Delete
  3. Why? Why do you insist on making me laugh like this. Now I'll never be able to go to sleep tonight. I'll close my eyes and hear "POWERWALK THAT BITCH!" or "COME AT ME, BRO!" All night.

    That's G, Fish. That's gangsta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spread the word about Chads Beware! Glad you liked the blog, your is funny shit to! j-trees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and follow back btw, I don't have to many yet?

    ReplyDelete